Due to expansion our well established client is looking for a Property Repairs and Maintenance Operative to cover North London.
Reporting to the Head of Property, you will be responsible for undertaking both responsive and planned maintenance tasks to properties within the business. You will be required to carry out repair/installation as necessary. This role involves working from home with daily travel to carry out repairs and maintenance in the properties where Service Users reside.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Carry out tasks in occupied and empty properties such as the following:
- Plumbing:Carry out a range of plumbing repairs and minor installations.
- Carpentry:Carry out a range of carpentry and joinery repairs and installations including installation and/or repair of various windows, doors and frames, UPVC components, framed ledged & braced, ledged and braced and internal plywood doors; fences, soffits, fascia and bargeboards. Joinery work including the fitting of and/or repair to architraves, skirting bath panel and frames, the fitting of kitchen units and worktops, the fitting and repair of double glazed units, locks, floorboards, and stud walls.
- Plastering:Patch plastering
- Painting & Decorating:Carry out a range of painting and redecoration tasks including prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding and steam cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant. Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
- Groundwork:Carry out a range of groundwork, fencing and clearance repairs and renewals
*Previous property repair and maintenance experience
*Good communication skills both verbal and written
*Able to work independently or as part of a team
*Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
*High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
Hours: Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
Salary: £23,000-£34,000 depending on experience, plus £3,500 area allowance (+ £4,000 van allowance)
- £4,000 Van allowance
- 28 days annual leave allowance per year (inc. bank holidays). Increasing from the standard 20 day to 23 days after a full holiday year and 25 days after 2nd holiday year
- Life Cover (2 x basic salary)
- 3-month probation period
- Employer pension contribution (4% employer, 4% employee)
- Laptop/Phone/other equipment if required as part of job role
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual optical examination
- Referral Scheme
The successful applicant will need a driving licence and their own tools. You will be required to undertake a DBS check before employment starts.
Interested in this permanent role, covering the North London area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.