Senior Java Developer
Visa (Stamp 1G /Stamp 4 /EU Passport) - Eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions
Reporting to the Head of Product and liaising closely with the Data Science team the Senior Java Developer will be responsible for design and development of our platform. They will be responsible for liaising with UX/UI, Data Science, and the client services team to understand client business requirements and to design the best product possible.
Our client is a rapidly growing enterprise cloud company that is changing the global talent management landscape. Our client helps the world's leading companies design and build immersive learning simulations. Their powerful technology unlocks game-changing data analytics, providing insight into workforce behaviour around the globe.
Learners on our client's simulation platforms are dropped into an unmatched, visceral experience that creates lasting behaviour change. The successful candidate will blend exceptional programming skills with strong business acumen and communication skills.
- Developing innovative product lines based on bleeding edge outputs from company's applied sciences team
- Working as part of a wider development team while also leading individual development projects
- Implementing and contributing towards best practices in the areas of development (Including secure coding), quality assurance, continuous integration, test automation and deployment
- Mentoring more junior team members in code implementation and development techniques
- Collaborating with the company's Product & Simulation Build teams to produce innovative & engaging user experiences throughout front-end development activities.
Required qualifications and experience
- Java web application development experience to include Java8, MVC framework (JSF, JSP Spring or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience:
- SQL technologies
- Capable of clearly communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Comfortable collaborating with internal and external business stakeholders
- Experience shaping and guiding Java technical solutions
- 2+ years of experience:
- Continuous integration experience (Jenkins or equivalent)
- Experience with AWS in a commercial setting would be advantageous
Visa - Eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions (Stamp 1G /Stamp 4 /EU Passport)