Senior Service Desk Analyst
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire, GB, PO6 3EN
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock International as a Senior Service Desk Analyst. In this role you'll be performing as part of the 12x7 shift team within the Technical Service Desk, providing 1st line IT support and excellent customer service across a range of UK based and International customers, as well as supervising and motivating a small team of Service Desk Analysts.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Service Desk Analyst to lead, inspire and motivate their team in order to meet targets and productivity goals. You will be a customer focused individual, committed to providing a professional 1st line service as well as having the ability to work within a high volume and fast paced environment.
What will you be doing?
- To participate in a 12 x 7 x 365 shift rota covering a 4 on, 4 off working pattern
- To supervise and motivate a small team of Service Desk Analysts to meet targets and productivity goals
- To provide initial point of contact for technical and process escalations from service desk analysts.
- To answer calls received by the Service Desk, logging all calls received as issues or requests to agreed standards
- To utilise active listening techniques to understand and interpret customer requirements when logging calls, prioritising them against agreed SLAs
- To utilise problem analysis techniques to diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria, and where possible resolve at first call
- Escalate as appropriate to ensure a prompt restoration of service arranging for the relevant 2nd and 3rd line specialists to address and resolve incidents
The experience you'll bring
You must have proven Service/Help Desk experience.
You will also need:
- Customer Service Experience, both face to face and over the phone
- Proven experience in using a Service Management system to manage all incidents and requests
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Applications, Printer faults and Operating systems
- People supervision and motivation experience is desirable
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads against set SLAs
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 15th July 2022