Location: Dublin 2
6 months contract
Our client is a well-known luxury goods retailer, working with designs of the highest quality from leading manufacturers around the world, is seeking to recruit a HR Generalist for Grafton Street Office.
Objective of the Role:
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR generalist will provide support to the management and employees. They will also provide support in recruitment and selection, employee engagement and training and development of our talented employees.
- Responsible for composing job adverts, job descriptions, and competency-based interview booklets as required.
- Work with the Employee Engagement Officer to continually develop and improve the Onboarding procedures and ongoing Training and Development
- Assist with all aspects of operational HR administration and functions including employee relations, record and file keeping, handling of queries / issues, inbound job applications, handling of new starters and leavers and associated paperwork, handling of terminations and redeployment.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates and conducting reference checks.
- Assist managers in driving absence management improvements.
- Assist with investigations regarding disciplinary and grievance procedures ensuring compliance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Responsible for providing expertise and support to managers regarding Human Resources to ensure solutions are realistic, timely, fair, and consistent.
- Responsible for providing coaching and support to managers and staff as required.
- Assist in driving improvements in organisational and management capability relating to handling of employment issues.
- Focus on developing and promoting our "employer brand", including developing new methods and channels for the recruitment of great people across all key company roles.
- Assist with the Time and Attendance system
- Organise training sessions with internal and external consultants.
- Maintain the level of confidentiality and integrity expected when working with sensitive personal data.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Proactive with proven ability to prioritise and establish good customer relationships.
- Take an active role in various HR projects and other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 3+ years of experience as an HR Administrator or HR Coordinator (essential).
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law
- Payroll experience preferable
- Computer literate: including highly proficient in MS Excel & Word
- Softworks experience would be advantageous
- The company has a contributory Pension scheme.
- There is a group contributory VHI scheme.
- Staff discounts.