Senior Project Engineer (Water & Wastewater)
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our client's Project Delivery Department.
The position of a Project Engineer would suit a motivated, practical, and adaptable individual who has the ambition to gain Chartered Engineer status and wishes to work in a progressive and innovative contracting environment.
Working under the direct supervision of a Chartered Engineer, and in conjunction with process and electrical engineers the successful candidate will form part of the team delivering a major wastewater treatment infrastructure project in Ireland.
The successful candidate will primarily be based at our offices in Dublin with a regular requirement to visit sites, client, and supply chain partners throughout Ireland.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil Engineering is a pre-requisite.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. water and wastewater treatment, project management, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Relevant IOSH training such as Managing Safely in Construction, Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS), or Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) would be an advantage.
- Reporting to the Project Manager the successful candidate will take full ownership and responsibility for delegated tasks and duties.
- Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of project deliverables and contractual requirements.
- Managing design development and preparation detailed design submissions to the client.
- Liaison and coordination with our Process Engineering and CAD/BIM departments as well as external designers and supply chain partners throughout the design development process.
- Presenting on project details and technical information to colleagues, clients, and project stakeholders.
- Engage with our supply chain to meet project design development of procurement requirements.
- Management of, monitoring and reporting on project delivery within defined budget and programme requirements.
- Anticipate and manage project risks and opportunities.
- Support site delivery of the project including supervision of staff and subcontractors.
- Preparation of project documentation including execution plans, method statements and risk assessments for construction and commissioning activities.
- Implementation of company SHESQ procedures and promotion of a positive safety culture in the workplace.
- Maintain understanding of all company policies and procedures and participate in external audits for ISO accreditation.
- Keeping up to date with any applicable changes in regulatory legislation and guidelines.
- Maintain a working environment, which is supportive and respectful of other employees.
- 1 - 4 years' experience working within the water industry, preferably with a mechanical engineering background and with experience of working in a design-build contracting environment.
- Practical experience of working within and managing multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of projects.
- Attention to detail with strong technical and problem solving skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to prioritise and plan workload efficiently, and to operate effectively under pressure.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant health and safety regulations.
- Team player, adaptable and practical with the ability to motivate others and to delegate and monitor activities where appropriate.
- Strong IT skills are essential including competence in all Microsoft Office software. Experience with relevant design and planning software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6 would be an advantage.
- Full clean driving licence.