Job Title: Junior Data Analyst
Location: Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ or Leicester, GB, LE3 1DN - Hybrid / Flexible Working is Available
Compensation: £34,160 - £38,393 + Benefits
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job ID: SF44559
Here at Babcock International, we are looking for a junior data analyst to work across the submarine enterprise, in utilising data to drive and predict operational efficiency across our naval platforms
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for you to be someone who is starting their career in Data Analysis, or a graduate, who's seeking a career in data analysis and feels as though they could use a combination of Python and SQL with the aim of constantly improving systems and processes.
What will you be doing?
* Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources.
* Structuring and interpreting data for delivery to stakeholders and to our Visualisation team.
* Working directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships.
* Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data.
* Championing new technology and methods for use in the rest of the business.
The experience you'll bring
* An analytical mind, ideally from a digital analytics or BI background
* Ideally, a degree in either Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
* Ideally, have a strong coding background with experience in either Python or SQL.
* Ideally, experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* The ability to engage and communicate effectively with people across the business.
* A strong desire to learn and develop the role beyond its initial scope.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.