Job Title: BI Engineer
Location: Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Compensation: Up to £38,393 + Benefits
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Role ID: SF44558
Here at Babcock International, we are looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Engineer to work across the submarine enterprise in building solutions that deliver insight and contribute to better operational decisions. Based in Bristol and reporting to the Data Visualisation Lead Engineer, the role will cover all aspects of dashboard and interactive report production, including shaping the strategy that helps to make visualisation products central to improved Marine sector performance.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for you to come from a Data Warehousing / Analysis background and have some knowledge of Power BI or another visualisation tool (training can be provided). Ideally, experience in SQL, Python, R or similar coding language, knowledge of database design and understanding of ETL processes is highly desirable but, not essential.
What will you be doing?
* Become the focal point for the SharpCloud team within Naval Nuclear, making enhancements and supporting the team.
* Translating business requirements into engaging visualisations which drive decision-making and to support dashboard and report development across the Marine sector.
* There is a need to develop a framework which focuses on delivery of consistently high quality outputs, and for sharing knowledge of data visualisation best practice with other engineers and developers.
* You will also work closely with the Data Analytics team to ensure data inputs are fully understood, as well as be responsible for the line management of junior analysts.
* There will also be an element of exploring new technology with the aim of continually improving how data is presented to the business.
The experience you'll bring
* You must have a passion for or seeking a role as a BI Engineer and ideally, with a degree or equivalent in a numerate subject.
* A proficient user of Power BI or other visualisation tool.
* A deep understanding of how to communicate visually with data.
* You must be able to obtain the necessary Security Clearane (SC).
* The ability to engage and communicate effectively with people from across the business.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.