We are currently recruiting a full time, temporary Finance Assistant to join The University of Leeds.
Would you like to be part of a busy team providing high quality, customer focused support to a vibrant, cross-disciplinary faculty? Do you have excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work under pressure? Do you have strong communication skills and enjoy working with people?
As a member of the Faculty Finance team, you will contribute to the provision of an effective and efficient financial support service to staff, students and visitors across the Faculty. You will be required to handle large volumes of work whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy. You will have responsibility for processing expense claims, maintaining finance templates and spreadsheets, general administrative duties and providing advice and guidance in line with the University's policies and procedures. With experience of working in a similar office environment, you will need good organisational skills. You must have the ability to deal with varied tasks, managing priorities, and working under pressure to tight timescales.
As a Finance Assistant your main duties will include:
- Providing excellent customer service, by effectively responding to financial queries in a timely manner, taking ownership of problems as they arise, but escalating issues as appropriate;
- Ensuring actions relating to purchase orders are dealt with in a professional and timely manner, liaising with the purchasing satellite office and external suppliers, as necessary;
- Providing advice and assisting with expense claims and associated administrative elements for both e-expenses and manual forms. Ensuring accuracy of information, appropriate authorisation and recording of claims;
- Adhering at all times to the University's Financial and Purchasing regulations, and other relevant University policies, procedures and audit requirements (for example, travel and purchase policies) and conveying these effectively to staff;
- Carrying out day-to-day financial processes including assisting in the handling and reconciliation of cash/cheques coming into the school and paying these into the central university cash office;
- Training staff in the use of University systems in relation to procurement, both within the Finance Office and in other offices to ensure efficient processing;
- Creating sales invoices as required, ensuring audit compliance and correct financial processes are adhered to;
- Preparing journals to transfer funds between school accounts as required;
- Assisting in the preparation of year end accruals and pre-payments;
- Setting up new internal orders and budget accounts, and amending existing accounts as required;
- Assisting the Faculty Finance Officer with monthly audit requirements, and with sending out associated reports and information to relevant staff;
As a Finance Assistant you will have:
- A finance qualification or relevant experience of working effectively in a finance related role as well as working with financial procedures;
- Experience of providing an effective customer service experience;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle high volumes of work at peak times;
- Excellent attention to detail, with a proven ability to produce highly accuratework;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex information, modifying your approach as necessary to suit different audiences;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build positive working relationships with staff at all levels;
- A proactive and positive approach to activities, with a willingness to learn and develop new skills;
- Excellent IT skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages. including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook;
- The ability to resolve straight forward or routine problems, looking for guidance as necessary.