Job Title: Apprentice Social Impact Administrator (SF44640)
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
Location: Newbury (RG14 2PZ) or Warrington (WA3 6YD)
Overall Department Direction
Social Value practitioners are found in all industries and are increasingly a key component of virtually all types of business models where profit and growth are a means to an even greater end such as protecting the environment and improving societal sustainability. The nuclear industry is no different.
Main Purpose of Role
The purpose of this apprenticeship is to develop the Social Value Practitioners of the future. In this role, you will be a key member of the PP&E programme team and will be supported to develop and apply academic knowledge of Social Value and Sustainability to support our deliverables for our customer AWE. The successful candidate will report to the Social Impact Manager with line management from the Programme Director.
PP&E is a huge framework of collaborative work with huge value that we have responsibility to ensure this value reaches into the communities of the site and AWE but also into more remote areas of the local and UK supply chain.
This role will ensure we keep the drumbeat of social value and creating impact for PP&E and a keynote case study for best practice for both Cavendish Nuclear but also the customer; helping innovate and drive ambitions for social change and make these a reality that are embedded and implemented across the organisation.
- A Level Qualifications / or equivalent (no specific subjects are required)
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English, Science, and Maths at Grade 5 (B) or above
- Candidates must also be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis and satisfy Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) security clearance.
- Passion for social value
- Whilst academic ability plays a part, we care as much about your attitude and desire to be part of our future at Cavendish Nuclear and we want to see evidence that you are genuinely interested in and enthusiastic about developing a career in Social Value
- A team player - an individual who thrives on working in a team environment
- Reliable and good time keeping
- Strong organisational traits and ability to meet deadlines
- Eager to learn
- Flexible with a passion for succeeding
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Responsibilities will include:
- Own and deliver initiatives and campaigns that contribute to the PP&E Programme Social Value Strategy.
- Identify and build internal relationships to foster buy-in to existing and future Social Value initiatives with the aim of integrating ethical policies and behaviour into everyday programme practices
- Act as a business contact by actively engaging with community organisations (charities etc.) in order to drive social impact
- Contribute to regular communications to promote initiatives and update colleagues across the programme on Social Value best practice.
- Collect and input CR&S data from across the programme in order to contribute said data to industry and mandatory reporting requirements
- Help organise Social Value related events that engage internal and external stakeholders by owning the administrative and logistical aspects.
- Keep abreast of developments to ensure the business is aware of current and future opportunities and challenges in relation to socio-economic issues by representing the business at Social Value events and conferences.
- Monitors spend on Social Value activity in order to achieve targets within spend. Escalate budgetary risks to senior programme leaders.
- Contribute towards the business submitting to industry/topic-specific rankings about the programme and relevant memberships to third-party accreditations which measure the social impact of the business.
- Contribute Social Value information and news towards internal and external communication channels such as internal newsletters or social media posts
We are Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group and the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce we are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
A career with us is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
At Cavendish Nuclear we put people first. Work with us and you'll discover that our focus on people is unique. At Cavendish Nuclear we put people first. Work with us and you'll discover that our focus on people is unique.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.