Job Title: Occupational Hygienist
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £22k-£26k (depending on experience)
My client is currently seeking a junior ready to progress or someone who has 3-5 years experience. To be successful with your application, you must be currently working as an Occupational Hygienist in vibration, air, noise or COSHH.
The successful candidate will work in an established department which has provided occupational hygiene services since 2008 (air, noise, vibration, LEV, legionella and COSHH). The role will report directly to the Head of Occupational Hygiene, a working hygienist of 16 years.
The role is site based requiring extensive travelling throughout the UK and is based in the South East to promote team working. Flexibility is also needed to accommodate infrequent periods of working weekends and out of hours.
This opportunity will enable the candidate to continue their development in the occupational hygiene industry, with a strong focus on quality of works.
- The candidate should be working towards or have achieved the BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene.
- Full UK driving licence
- Enhanced DBS check (completed during induction stage)
- Experience working as a lead occupational hygienist
- Ability to analyse technical data and write technical reports to a high standard
- Ability to manage your own time, always being punctual and meet client deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients verbally and in writing
- Friendly and professional conduct always
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to support the team
- Competitive market salary depending on experience
- Paid company vehicle (including some private use, private fuel to be paid by candidate)
- Company smart phone
- Company pension (via salary exchange to further increase benefit)
- Opportunity to progress through additional authorisations and training
- Death in service scheme
- Staff recognition reward scheme (via manager and peer recognition)
- Childcare vouchers (via salary exchange)
- Loyalty bonus (additional annual leave)
- Paid overtime opportunities
- Excellent opportunities for career progression (encouraged)
- Site assessments and monitoring
- Reporting on findings (including drawings)
- Meeting client deadlines
- Complying with all legislation and internal working methods
- Liaison with clients and other parties
- Assistance with training of other occupational hygienists
- General works required to support department