Title: Auto Electrician
Location: Walsall, West Midlands, GB, WS2 8LD
Compensation: £29,214.43 - £30,402.53 + Benefits + 2pm finish on Fridays
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41634
The difference is you
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As an Auto Electrician within our Vehicle Engineering business area you'll have the chance to work on systems in advanced armoured motor vehicles. You'll be part of an international aerospace, defence and security company with a leading naval business that's continually innovating. Our aspirations are big - and you'll make them possible.
Vehicle Engineering is a market-leading manufacturer and converter of armoured vehicles and products. Drawing on over 100 years' experience, we supply and support deployed vehicles worldwide to customers including the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, and military. Together, we deliver an end-to-end through-life methodology to supply our clients with specialist vehicle conversions.
As one of our Auto Electricians, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Working on all kinds of conversion projects, you'll fit and repair electrical and electronic systems in advanced motor vehicles. Your work will help organisations such as the police, fire and ambulance services, so you'll be supporting our nations' heroes. And, with our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
Day-to-day, you'll be reading electrical wiring plans, checking and testing wiring and parts, and fitting electronics equipment. You'll also identify faults and carry out rectification work. Excel, and there'll be every opportunity to progress your career. At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far.
* Proven experience of installation, repair and maintenance of vehicles' electrical systems
* The ability to check and test wiring and vehicle parts
* Experience of electronic systems, e.g., electronic ignitions, alarms immobilisers, tracking devices, electric windows, mirrors, seats, tow bar electrics and air-conditioning
* Used to working in a methodical, organised way
* Approachable, with good communication skills
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
* Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
* Opportunities for enhanced overtime
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% with life assurance
* Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (up to 8 weeks' full pay and 8 weeks' half pay)
* Training and development opportunities
* Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
Our partnerships in defence and emergency services protect communities and save lives. We lead with safety in all that we do and ensure that everyone goes "home safe every day". The work we do is critical and keeps the lights on in the face of destabilising influences. With so much at stake, it's vital we work as one.
Our shared Principles - be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind - guide the way we work. They also inform our drive to secure the planet's future by reaching net-zero carbon.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 26th August 2022