Help shape the future of aerospace!
Temporary Contract, 12 months contract (reviewable)
Earn £30,365.40 - £33,566.00
Our client, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial airplanes, defence platforms, and business/regional jets.
Spirit recently acquired Northern Ireland's premier aerospace company and is ramping up its award-winning, composite wing production for an industry-leading, commercial aircraft programme.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be part of a team that provides a tooling service to our organisation. From the tool manufacture on 1st article programmes to the day to day tool maintenance activities that ensure the Belfast site can deliver aircraft component parts that conform to engineering standards on time.
RESPONSIBLE TO: TOOLING TEAM LEADER / SECTION HEAD
A requirement exists for Tool Makers to support the increased Tooling workload required by new programmes and increased rates.
Work within a team environment, striving to ensure that tools are delivered and maintained in line with schedule, cost and quality standard.
- Use tool drawings to manufacture, assemble, site and commission jigs and fixtures.
- Carry out periodic jig checks and modify and maintain jigs and fixtures.
- Work to tight tolerance drawing specifications and standards.
- Ensure work tasks are carried out in full compliance with Company Health & Safety procedures and carry out risk assessments as necessary.
Possess a recognised apprenticeship in one of the following disciplines:-
- Tool Fitting, Aircraft Fitting, Mechanical, Machinist, Joiner / Pattern Maker.
- Have a minimum of 2 years' relevant post apprenticeship experience.
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Possess good communication skills, as effective liaison with tool/manufacturing engineering is necessary.
- Be willing to learn and work with new technology, materials, processes, machines and equipment and work to achieving a delegated operator stamp.
- Be willing to train others as and when required.
- Be willing to work a range of shifts, including weekend shifts as required.
- Be prepared to work at/travel to any of our sites in Northern Ireland as required.
While you're on assignment with Spirit, we'll offer an attractive package of pay and benefits including a 36-hour working week, generous holiday allowance, attractive overtime rates and shift allowances.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient detail is provided on the CV to demonstrate how the applicant meets essential job criteria, as this alone will be used for vetting purposes.