Job Title: Cost Engineering Lead
Location: UK Wide - Flexible
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time & Permanent
Job ID: 45130
Working as the Cost Engineering Lead you will be part of the team responsible for leading the Cost element of the Project Controls function to drive performance improvement and support the implementation of the Group functional strategy; to establish a functional home responsible for the development and growth of our Cost Management capability.
Who we are looking for?
Working with the sector functional leads, you will work towards the development and implementation of consistent processes and procedures to drive best practice and performance improvement across the business. As part of the Group Functional Team, you will play a key role in providing opportunities for our people to progress, and supporting the organisation's needs by having the agility to align the right people to the right roles and create a centre of excellence for the tools, process' and framework for delivering projects and programmes.
What will you be doing?
Working closely with multiple functions across the business, including Engineering, Project Management and Finance, the role is both critical and high profile. You will need to influence Functional Directors, Sector and Business Unit Directors as well as individual project teams and their respective project leaders to achieve the required outcomes, noting the current position with regards to our project performance and the associated cultural change needed to achieve the necessary performance levels.
- Provide visible leadership, direction and guidance in relation to Cost, for the business and the functional community, creating and gain buy in to a compelling vision and the successful adoption of new solutions.
- Act as subject matter expert for cost management and control across the business.
- Work with Sector functional teams to manage the development of standardised processes and ways of working for the cost discipline to ensure consistency and best practice.
- Manage strategic interface between cost finance systems and sector specific ways of working to ensure consistency and best practice maintained.
- Work with sector specific senior management to roll out and embed the application of best practice in requirements management, budgeting, and cost control, financial, change and benefits management.
- Carry out independent Assurance and Governance to confirm consistent application of the Group Project PM framework and provide senior stakeholders feedback, and support on corrective actions, to ensure confidence in delivery
The experience you'll bring
- Experience in full project life cycle cost management
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Experienced in various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC/JCT) including resolution of claims and disputes
- Previous experience of supervisory / line management in cost estimating, cost engineering or project controls environment.
- Advanced knowledge of cost management techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Worked on multiple projects of varying products and services and across a number of life cycle phases
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.