Role: Senior Buyer - Mobilisation
Req: SF 44627
Location: Ashton House, Ashton Vale Rd, Bristol, GB. BS3 2HQ.
Help us grow and make an impact in Procurement
As our business continues to grow at a significant pace we're looking for talented, enthusiastic and driven people to join or procurement team and help take us to new heights.
The difference our new Senior Buyer will make
Babcock Mission Systems is a business unit within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group. Working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, Mission Systems works with a number of key clients domestically and internationally. We're based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas.
In this role you will help generate significant value for the business by reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services and manage supplier relationships to increase the overall value derived from the Supply Chain. Your duties will include:
- Design and deliver innovative, supply chain strategies
- Identify and secure value opportunities to deliver competitive advantage
- Being the Supply Chain representative for the business, advocating best practice for the function and our supply chain
- Preparing, issuing and reviewing supplier RFQs, recommending preferred options to the relevant stakeholders
- Negotiating and managing contracts
- Understanding and implementing contract requirements and relevant special conditions
- Pro-active risk management across the business
- Managing and developing supplier relationships
Who we're looking for
You're someone who brings big ideas and solves complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. You continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo and actively proposes new ideas on how we can make things better and always puts the customer first.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience leading within a project procurement environment is essential
- Hands on experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and IFS
- A recognised degree level qualification and / or relevant engineering / supply chain / lean culture experience
- MCIPS qualified, or studying towards
Skills and attributes
- Must have a flexible approach to workload, confident reading and understanding technical drawings and ability to communicate complex requirements to/from supply chain
- Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Must have a good understanding of complex manufacturing processes and principles
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead and motivate a team
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
- Flexible working
- Autonomy to perform the role
- The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit
As well as:
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
- Employee Share Scheme
- Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities
- If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments
Please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account, then you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties, please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the armed forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.