Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: HMNB Clyde, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £42,400 - £52,619 + bonus + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF40273
Here at Babcock International, we are looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager. You will manage Shiplift maintenance, delivering the engineering assurance required to meet the Operational Safety Case and ensure that facility can meet its operational objectives safely, on time, to specification and within an agreed budget. Ensuring close liaison with all key stake holders throughout.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to lead, motivate and direct a team of 30 maintainers to conduct specialist maintenance on our Shiplift including Nuclear Safety implicated systems and standard systems.
What will you be doing?
You will with our training become a subject matter expert for docking operations. Progressing to the stage where you can berth a submarine and contribute to the docking procedures, ultimately become docking officer. (Support in the docking of nuclear vessels).
The experience you'll bring:
* Degree in Engineering Discipline or Equivalent career experience planning maintenance
* Previous experience of running maintenance in a complex and safety critical environment.
* Can work to highly constrained time lines and understand engineering standards.
* Previous experience of managing a team and beneficial if completed management training courses such as ILM 5 or equivalent.
* Strong stakeholder management and customer engagement skills as will liaise with various levels of key stakeholders from Navy, MOD design, nuclear regulator, and regular visits from high ranking military and civil service personnel and visitors.
What else do I need to know?
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.