6 weeks - Temporary, Full time
£40,000 per annum (pro rata)
This is a great opportunity for a HR advisor to provide a day-to-day operational HR service to people managers across different areas. The ideal candidate will enjoy taking ownership for managing cases and coaching people managers through HR policies and procedures, working within a business which has an established brand and household name and a strong customer mindset. This is a hybrid role, part office based.
- To coach and support line managers to effectively manage, lead and develop their teams, driving people manager capability across the business.
- Advise people managers on disciplinary, grievance, performance management, absence, maternity, paternity, parental leave and coach managers to make balanced decisions.
- Draft and implement HR policies and procedures where required, including updates to reflect changes in employment law.
- Support the HR Manager where required, with project work.
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Experience of delivering a HR service to multi-sites.
- Ability to challenge and coach people managers.
- Ability to analyse complex issues and suggest practical and creative solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Commercial and pragmatic approach.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law and best practice.
- Excellent verbal, written and organisational skills.