Job Title: Nuclear Training Developer - 2 year FTC
Location: Plymouth, UK
Compensation: £35,966+ Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Fixed Term Contract, Full Time
Job ID: SF45175
Now is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Nuclear Training Developer.
The LC10 Training Team, within the Organisational Capability Team focus on providing training material to fulfil the Nuclear training requirements relating to the implementation of safety cases within the Nuclear areas on site.
The Nuclear Training Developer role is a full-time 2 year Fixed Term Contract role reporting to the Senior Nuclear Training Developer.
You will be mainly be based from home with an opportunity for some office based work as required by the Business. We support Babcock's Agile Working and Flexible Working Schemes
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Nuclear Training Developer that is a team player with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
What will you be doing?
* Analyse, Design and Develop Nuclear, Radiological and Radioactive Waste Management training material in accordance with Licence Condition 10 using the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) and ensuring that training programmes developed reflect industry good practice.
* Ensuring that all training activities and associated development activities support safe and reliable operation of Nuclear Facilities and maintain full compliance with agreed safety and environmental standards and expectations.
The experience you'll bring
* This is a developmental post - so there will be a willingness to learn
* Understanding of SAT (System approach to training) you don't need specific training experience in this area.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 5th August 2022