An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Marketing Sourcing Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (will involve a mixture of working from home and from the office, as well as occasional travel to the site in Blackfriars, London).
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £43,000, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
In this role, you will be part of the Marketing - Production and Pack Design Team, which is responsible for Advertising Production, Pack Design and Artwork spend globally. You will contribute to the development of portfolio sourcing strategies and be accountable for their implementation in the markets you are responsible for.
You will be assigned to look after specific portfolio agencies end-to-end, including contracting, annual negotiations, and strategic tool rollouts. In parallel you will act as First Point of Contact (FPOC) for marketing queries and to ensure a smooth vendor approval to purchase order process in your markets. This environment creates opportunities for each team member to step into projects that fit with their skills and personal preferences.
The role requires a creative, high energy candidate with good analytical and communication skills that can influence senior stakeholders to deliver business growth and improved profitability.
- You are going to implement the Marketing Procurement strategy with your agency partners and act as the FPOC in your region.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Establish valued relationships with stakeholders within and outside of UL that maintain trust and add value to the business, including suppliers, Marketing and Market business stakeholders, Supplier Operations, Strategy and Insights team and third-party service providers.
- Market Engagement: Act as first point of contact for the business to relevant agency procurement related questions. Ensure the satisfaction of UL stakeholders with the services provided within your portfolio while ensuring compliancy of business users to procurement policies and contracts.
- Vendor management: Undertaking end to end sourcing initiatives that will include Identification and initial assessments of suppliers, preparing and managing supplier selection process and working with legal to finalise commercial agreements.
- Performance Deliverables: Identify and deliver value adding sourcing activities and deliver cash through payment term extensions that ensure we achieve our business and procurement targets. Implementation and tracking of savings and cash, and collection, reporting and improvement of other key performance indicators.
- Continuously improve ways of working and optimize activities in your portfolio.
- Relevant procurement experience - ideally in marketing however must at least be in services procurement. Preference in Advertising Production, Pack Design and Artwork spend areas.
- Knowledge of purchasing and contracting tools (e.g. Coupa, DocuSign or SAP). Experience of a vendor onboarding tool would also be beneficial.
- Strong abilities in MS PowerPoint and Excel (including VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and formulas. Index would also be beneficial).
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Unafraid to work with senior stakeholders and key suppliers, supported through excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience of working in cross geography teams and willingness to work in a virtual team.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Accountability and responsibility.
- Bias for action while being able to prioritise.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in an always changing, performance-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred however not essential if you have the required work experience.