Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Walsall, UK - Onsite
Compensation: £42,000 to £45,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40761
It starts with you
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a Management Accountant within Vehicle Engineering team you'll be part of an international company that's continually innovating. Our aspirations are big - and you'll help make them possible.
Vehicle Engineering is a market-leading manufacturer and converter of armoured vehicles and products. Drawing on over 100 years' experience, we supply and support deployed vehicles worldwide to customers including the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, and military. Together, we deliver an end-to-end through-life methodology to supply our clients with specialist vehicle conversions.
The difference our new Management Accountant will make
Day to day, you'll be responsible for providing key support to the HoF BVE in delivering quick and transparent financial data to the local business and group, helping, and supporting a growing team in the vehicle engineering area of Babcock.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to grow their experience, or for a more junior skilled Assistant Accountant to get exposure to a management accountant role and responsibilities.
* Analytical mind-set to evaluate and investigate data and a Strong understanding of process and control and the ability to identify potential improvements
* Strong understanding of operational finance gained in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to manipulate and analyse financial data and Resilience to work in a challenging operating environment
* Collaborative worker who can build relationships at both the operational and functional level
* Numerically literate and able to build, understand and manipulate financial spreadsheet models
* Finance qualification
* You must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
* Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
* Opportunities for enhanced overtime
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% with life assurance
* Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (up to 8 weeks' full pay and 8 weeks' half pay)
* Training and development opportunities
* Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.