My client a Global Freight Forwarding company is looking for a National Business Development Manager in Ocean Freight (Trade). This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for the next step up from Regional Sales. The purpose of the position is to source, develop and secure new ocean freight from potential customers within the UK.
Main Task and Responsibilities:
- Deliver assigned volume in relation to company target plus grow any assigned existing customers. Maintain a healthy pipeline of 'A,B,C,' level target accounts.
- All target businesses should have a minimum volume of (Dep on Trade Lane) for imports and (Dep on Trade Lane) TEU for exports.
- Make a minimum of 40 sales calls per month (10 per week). Adjusted for holidays and other events.
- Identify new potential 'A' size customers to develop relationships and knowledge in preparation for formal RFQs.
- Work closely with Tender Management and Product Management teams to submit competitive, tailored proposals.
- Diligently follow up on all incoming sales leads and provide the originator detailed feedback.
- Regular meetings and dialogue with the Head of Ocean Sales, Regional Ocean Managers, and Product Trade Lane Manager on competitor news/developments and detailed feedback on issues preventing new business wins.
- Have regular dialogue with all Commercial/Ocean Product Management on target accounts.
- Make regular JSVs on larger identified opportunities with Commercial Trade Lane Manager and Head of Ocean Sales
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years proven sales track record of gaining new major business and successfully working to and exceeding Sales Targets
- Excellent relationship-building skills, identifying and prospecting new business opportunities, and ability to close successfully
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage time efficiently is essential
- Minimum 5 years of industry knowledge within Ocean
- Dealing with customers and stakeholders
- A self-starter. Aggressive HUNTER attitude, with drive and ambition
- Engagement and collaboration
- Superb communicator and networker
- Ability to maintain long-term professional relationships - became a trusted advisor to customers
- Excellent knowledge and relationships with key exporters and importers in the assigned sales region
- Commercial awareness aptitude/skills
- Able to negotiate at a high level
- Customer Orientation
- Information / Communication
- Managing Collaboration
- Willingness to learn / Flexibility
- Team-building (Teamwork) & Corporation
- Target & Result Focus (Drive)
- Business Acumen
- Entrepreneurial Responsibility (Strategic View)
- Shaping Work-flows (Planning)