Our client, a leading energy provider in the UK is currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled operative / labourer in the Cranbrook, Exeter area. This is a 6 month position with the opportunity for it to be ongoing for the right people, where you will be assisting with the Southwest District Heating Scheme; this is the construction to provide heating and hot water into new build housing and commercial properties. This process includes putting pipework into trenches, welding them together and connecting them to the energy centre to distribute out to properties.
Location: Cranbrook, Exeter
Pay Rate: £13.42 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday - 8-10 hour shifts
You will be on a major construction site and will be responsible for:
- Installing district heating pipes
- Fitting pipes and working with welders
- Band Muffing
- Machine driving
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- A valid CSCS / CPCS card
- First Aid at work qualification
- Experience working within a construction environment, ideally on homes and commercial properties.
- Any experience working within a civil engineering environment would be of interest.
- Experience operating machinery and hold machine operator tickets
- Heavy lifting
- Experience of distributing pipework
Please note you must hold a valid driving license and have access to a vehicle to travel to site.