Job Title: Electrical Fitter (Dayshifts) x 10
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £33,395 + Defined Contribution Pension and Flex Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF40413
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together and you can play your part. Due to increased workload and internal promotions we are currently recruiting across a number of our teams at HMNB Clyde for Electrical Fitters.
We are at the forefront of supporting the Royal Navy at HM Naval Base Clyde. You'll play an integral role ensuring the serviceability of electrical equipment and systems.
We have a variety of sections recruiting for qualified Electrical Fitters at this time, so will be able to consider applications for multiple opportunities- all roles are dayshift M-F 36 hours per week with an early finish on a Friday - we have open opportunities located across both our Clyde and Coulport sites.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for qualified Electrical Fitters with a proven track record who will undertake electrical fitting activities utilising their skill set determining the best way to investigate, rectify and repair faults. Be a mentor to colleagues and provides guidance to one or more apprentices under their care and provide direction to Multi Skilled Operatives.
What will you be doing?
* Carrying out large and small maintenance packages, working on panels carrying out fault finding, aligning, and running cables, electrical repairs, electrical fault-finding AC and DC motor theory (advantage) and electronic systems, motor generator maintenance including electrical improvements.
* Ensure work is delivered in line with current legislation and site processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems of Work and control of work processes within BM&T Clyde policies.
* Operate Engineering systems and equipment in accordance with relevant procedures
* Undertake mentoring where required to personnel in the operation & maintenance of Engineering systems and equipment.
The experience you'll bring:
* Previous Electrical Fitter experience within a Marine Engineering or industrial environment, would be advantageous
* Recognised Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent) or HNC and above in an Electrical Engineering discipline with industry experience.
* You will be able to understand and read drawings and can think on your feet and problem solve with a high attention to detail and fault finding.
* Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a focus on producing high-quality work to meet acceptance standards.
* Experience of Maintenance Procedures, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working skills.
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
What a role with Babcock offers?
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Employee Assistance programme
* Training and development opportunities
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.