Prototype Parts Chaser.
12 month fixed term contract.
Warwickshire (M40 corridor).
As one of the most prestigious brands in the world, my client is a manufacturer of high-end vehicles and has a British heritage spanning over a century. With their headquarters in Warwickshire, their iconic range of vehicles are the dreams of many and sold from 160 dealerships in 53 countries.
With a new leadership team and strategic expansion plans, this is truly an exciting time to join them. An opportunity has now arisen for a Prototype Parts Chaser to join them for a fixed 12 month contract. Does this sound like the type of company that can offer you an exciting next step of your career?
Working closely with your Supervisor, you will be supporting prototype operations, in coordination of parts in and out of stores and ensure that a robust schedule is maintained for pre-production builds. You will also support in the monitoring of stock picks and storage of parts using KPIs.
The key responsibilities for your new role are as follows:
- Acting as the key point of contact for booking inbound / outbound orders.
- Parts stock validation and stock integrity.
- Checking 'Inspect' and 'In-Gate' parts status - contacting Quality to get parts moved out of 'Inspect' and moving parts into stock.
- Tracking and reporting supply issues - seeking root cause, investigating concerns with internal customers, third party logistics, storage providers and parts suppliers.
- Supporting your Supervisor with admin - i.e. CCARs, 5S, scrapping parts and MSTNs.
- Using the parts trackers to log current delivery timing and status comments, to enable accurate and up-to-date reporting for build.
- Generating part shortages reports and communicating to Stake Holders.
- Managing booking and invoice queries.
My client is keen to hear from people who possess broad vehicle systems knowledge and ideally an understanding of prototype builds. You will also have an understanding of vehicle parts and CAD drawings.
Regardless of previous expertise however, you will have strong communication skills and a demonstrable ability to communicate with suppliers and peers, at all levels. You will be methodical and enthusiastic, by nature.
This is a fixed 12 month contract to cover a period of maternity leave, with no guarantee of a permanent position afterwards.
The company are easily accessible from Gaydon, Warwick, Coventry, Birmingham, Banbury and the surrounding areas and the area offers sensibly priced accommodation and a variety of lifestyle options to suite every taste.
If this Prototype Parts Chaser role is of interest to you, please apply online.