Our client, is a public distance Learning and Research University, and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education.
They are looking to recruit an Interim Senior Reward & Performance Manager to join them asap until 30th November 2022, working full time and paying £350- £400 a day.
This role will be aligned to the Milton Keynes campus, however they are flexible on location with the understanding that you may be required to work on campus on an ad-hoc basis.
The Reward and Performance Manager is responsible for leading the operational reward activities across the OU. They will be a key contributor to the realisation of the University's Future Reward Plan 2022-25.
They are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of such activities as: job evaluation, the University's reward schemes, benefits and report production (eg equal pay reports).
They will also be responsible for partnering with the Head of Reward to support the realisation of strategic reward projects overseeing the design and implementation of a discrete number of reward projects that do not fall under the remit of the Head of Reward such as ones relating to benefits and allowances.
They will act as working secretary of the Consistency Panel, Remuneration Committee and the Reward Working Group. They will be a contributing member of the Reward, Insight and Engagement management team.
Working to the Head of Reward they will be responsible for managing two Senior Reward, Performance and Benefits Consultants and a Grading and Reward Consultant.
Skills and experience
- Chartered Member of CIPD or equivalent work experience in specialist field
- Experience of managing a team
- Significant experience in a specialist reward role, operating with a high degree of autonomy within a regulated, procedural context
- Substantial experience gained in public sector/charity/not-for-profit sector
- Knowledge of the tax implications, legal and sector (ideally HE sector) compliance with the requirements of reward and benefit schemes
- Experience of working within a unionised organisation
- Excellent organisational skills
The client promotes diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you feel this role is of interest, pleasesend your CV for review