Main sites are Becton or Harrow
2 year contract (104 weeks)
Babcock provides a fully managed service to the London Fire Brigade, taking on responsibility for the full training programme from training needs analysis through to design and development of courses, planning and scheduling of the training, equipment and asset management and facilities management.
Due to progression within our contract we are now looking to recruit a Leadership Trainer to deliver comprehensive leadership and management training programmes to LFB personnel.
You'll be responsible for delivering a high standard of training, acting as a coach and mentor to learners as well as developing, recording and monitoring their personal development plans.
Although this role is delivering Leadership training we will consider applicants from all training backgrounds.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of training processes and techniques, including needs analysis, planning, design, delivery and evaluation.
You'll be an excellent communicator with a confident manner, organised and adaptable.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring that training is delivered in a safe and professional manner in accordance with the course materials and risk assessments.
- Dealing with any trainer welfare issues in accordance with company policy.
- Assessing learner performance, recording results and providing feedback.
- Providing and evaluating quality assurance feedback relating to courses, trainers and delegates to identify corrective actions necessary.
- Ensuring that any issues with the security or suitability of training resources are reported to senior management.
- Completing course administration and other reports, including: learner attendance and non-attendance, assessment of performance, action plans, evaluation records, course summaries and similar.
- Providing advice and support as SME to design team and leading miscellaneous projects as required.
The experience you'll bring
- Have attained a leadership qualification such as Chartered Management Insitute (CMI) or Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.