Looking for your first role within the Shipping / Freight industry? Perhaps you already have had an introduction to the industry and understand Freight terminology and are looking for a new role?
Do you live within easy commuting distance to Chandlers Ford? This company are based easy access from Southampton via car, bus, train, or bicycle!
A well-established Supply Chain and Procurement company that operates globally is looking to recruit a Shipping Co-Ordinator to join the team in there UK Head Office in Chandlers Ford.
This organisation offers Cross Border Trade services across a number of industries - eg Mining / Construction / Agriculture / International Aid etc
Within Mining for example - they would procure items on behalf of clients, then working with a Freight Forwarder would build a quote for the items to be transited (via Road / Air / Sea / Courier) to the destination.
In terms of what skills you will need to bring to the table:
- Ideally a basic understanding of Freight terminology (eg Bill of Lading)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to Coordinate between internal & external stakeholders
- Personable; you will be building relationships (email and phone) with internal & external stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of IT systems; Microsoft etc
What do you get in return?
- To £26K basic (subject to experience)
- 21 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Auto Enrol Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Joining a team of 14, working in a relaxed casual work environment
- Company Laptop
- Working hours Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
- Occasional early finishes when business needs permit
- Option to work from home if the need arises - eg you have a plumber booked in (Note; this is not a hybrid role, this is an office based role normally)
- Company social events
If selected for interview, it will be a two-stage interview process. (First stage Telephone, then Face to Face)