Job Title: Training System Designer
Location: Andover, GB, SP11 8HT
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Role Type: Full-time, Fixed Term Contract (52 Weeks)
Job ID: SF45608
Here at Babcock International, we are looking for you to join us in Andover, as a part of our Defence Centre Business Unit; where you'll be providing detailed insights to a bid solution of the inputs/outputs for each of, and interactions between, the service functions that form the entire individual Defence trade training system (i.e. design, development, scheduling, delivery, support, and assurance functions).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for you to be the subject matter expert for the training activities delivered at the MOD Blandford Camp site, Blandford and it's a must for you to have worked at the site; ideally, in a role as a part of the HQ function of the site.
What will you be doing?
* Undertake detailed analysis of requirements and data room source materials and assist with developing the necessary understanding/contextualisation of these for each member of the bid team.
* Assist Solution Architects with the development of clearly articulated solutions as part of the tender submissions.
* Maintain close relationships with Business Units to deliver the contextualisation required to support and inform the design of effective and deliverable solutions.
* Following the bid process, provide:
o Input to or lead elements of the:
Training solution development (these will span all functions of the training system - design, development, scheduling, delivery, support, and assurance functions)
Production of any required Management Plans and/or other supporting submission documentation, i.e. case studies.
o Support to the Data Analysts to include:
Descriptions of processes/service characteristics that inform modelled behaviours of the training system
Assistance with preparing the data for modelling which may include, sorting / cleaning / informing assumptions or sourcing data to address gaps.
o As required, support negotiations with the customer. This will include:
Preparing supporting materials required for those attending negotiations
Updating/amending previous solution work in response to customer feedback.
* Manage work in line with the Company's corporate governance policies, processes, procedures, including those related to Health and Safety.
The experience you'll bring
* Demonstrable experience of the inputs/outputs for each of, and interactions between, the service functions that form the entire individual Defence trade training system (i.e. design, development, scheduling, delivery, support, and assurance functions)
* Working understanding of JSP 822, the Defence Systems Approach to Training
* Has an extensive and broad understanding of the management and support requirements of a large-scale Defence training system/organisation.
* Uses long-term innovative thinking and networking to stimulate new opportunities or solutions
* Early identification of business and corporate risks
* Able to work within a structured programme and project management process
* Ability to write cogent, succinct, articulate training solutions as part of an effective bid process
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.