Lead Production Planner.
9 month fixed term contract.
Warwickshire (M40 corridor).
As one of the most prestigious brands in the world, my client is a manufacturer of high-end vehicles and has a British heritage spanning over a century. With their headquarters in Warwickshire, their iconic range of vehicles are the dreams of many and sold from 160 dealerships in 53 countries.
With a new leadership team and strategic expansion plans, this is truly an exciting time to join them. An opportunity has now arisen for a Lead Production Planner to join them for a fixed nine month contract. Does this sound like the type of company that can offer you an exciting next step of your career?
In your new role, you will take ownership of leading the production schedule creation and execution across production facilities. They key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Liaising with sales and other related departments to ensure production plans reflect customer requirements.
- Creating mass production build schedules.
- Ensuring successful production schedule completion and control.
- Ensuring working capital / work in progress is optimised across all manufacturing facilities.
- Leading communication sessions with relevant areas of the business (supply chain, production and launch) in relation to factory planning and constraints management.
- Creating and managing key metric dashboards for use by the business, to manage throughput targets and constraints tracking.
- Leading improvement activities and driving to improve KPIs.
- Reflecting learnings to new model scheduling and improve launch activity.
My client would love to hear from people with experience in vehicle production planning. A background in lean manufacturing would be an added bonus. Regardless of previous expertise, you will be comfortable working in a fast-moving manufacturing environment, be an effective communicator and possess the ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
This is a fixed nine month contract, with no guarantee of a permanent position afterwards.
The company are easily accessible from Gaydon, Warwick, Coventry, Birmingham, Banbury and the surrounding areas and the area offers sensibly priced accommodation and a variety of lifestyle options to suite every taste.
If this Lead Production Planner role is of interest to you, please apply online.