Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Options
Compensation: Up to £40,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 53693
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Accountant at HMNB Devonport site.
As a Project Accountant, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, providing accurate and timely financial information and advice relating to all areas of responsibility to Business Unit and Project Managers to enable them to exercise effective financial control over the area to maximise value for money, cashflow and profitability.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for the production of monthly Project Status Packs for management reviews in conjunction with the respective Project Teams.; these packs are also to be prepared on a quarterly basis for Senior Management review.
- Production and analysis of accounts in accordance with the issued monthly timetable.
- Maintain the integrity of data that supports the accounts maintaining full audit trails for both internal and external audit purposes.
- Raising customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and management information requirements.
- Production of Cost Certificates / statements for MoD in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
This is a full-time position, 36 hours per week, that allows for you to work in a hybrid working arrangement between our Devonport site and working from home.
Essential Experience of the Project Accountant:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- High quality standards and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Sound technical knowledge.
- Experience of IFS and / or Business Analytics an advantage.
Qualifications for the Project Accountant:
- You must hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ACMA) or equivalent / similar.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.