Here at Manpower we have another amazing opportunity for a full/part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) to join one of our wonderful automotive clients based in Milton Keynes.
Long term contract
In office Monday - Friday 9-5
£17.64 per hour/ £32,100 per year
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role takes responsibility for the production and follow-up of a number of key controls and reconciliations to support the portfolio including the investigation of balances and reconciling items, as well as, the development of process improvements to systems and processes.
The role is responsible for monthly reporting and analysis of financial data.
The role requires analysing data and working collaboratively with other areas of Finance and the business to better understand and report these to Senior Management.
- To complete all relevant balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner, providing summarised information for management. These include all the systems and SAP FI accounts across our product range.
- Carry out key month end tasks, including analysis in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Preparation of slides for the month end reporting packs for senior management and the board.
- Monthly detailed analysis of data for the month end reporting pack and stakeholders in business, working closely with colleagues to understand variances from forecasts.
- Perform comprehensive document reviews to ensure Internal Controls are followed in accordance with company established guidelines, policies & procedures
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) on various products and as a product/department specialist for key systems i.e. Contract Management System/SAP FI. This includes the New Finance Platform and PI Planning initiatives.
- Understand the interaction and impact of subsidiary systems on the main accounting systems to ensure system integrity, particularly in relation to specific balance sheet and profit and loss accounts, highlighting issues as necessary.
- Assist with any operational or accounting projects as required, collaborating with colleagues in IT to ensure clarity of issues/requirements for all change relating to accounting transactions is assessed.
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis
- Be a primary contact for internal/external Auditors with the ability to provide background information and explain variances where necessary
- Assure operating risks are mitigated and report deficient or ineffective controls
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of source data, and the structure and use of financial information from core systems which feeds into the financial statements.
- Support colleagues within the Accounting Controls Team as required.
- Perform/Support user acceptance testing (UAT) where appropriate to ensure that key controls are included within testing to deliver a robust solution.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Part qualified Accountant - ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Experience in an accounting environment - preferably in Financial Services
- Excellent knowledge of Excel to a minimum of intermediate level with use of advanced formulas for mathematical equations, create graphs and tables. Basic macros preferable but not essential.
- Understanding of key accounting principles and concepts, in particular revenue recognition.
- Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Working knowledge of SAP FI/CMS preferable
- Knowledge Microsoft Packages
If you are interested in this role please don't hesitate apply!