Job Title: Senior Research and Development Expenditure Credit Manager
Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid - Working from Home Options Available
Compensation: Up to £75,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53894
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Research and Development Expenditure Credit Manager.
As a Senior Research and Development Expenditure Credit Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, responsible for the Research & Development Expenditure Claim across the Nuclear Sector, both Civil Nuclear and Defence; the Sector currently has significant qualifying spend within this area.
Day to day, you'll be ensuring we maximise the position and deliver value to the client; this is the management and development of the process across the business ultimately to ensure a robust and full claim.
- Inform and educate the business of Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) legislation and practicalities.
- Embed processes in business in order that RDEC is considered and reported throughout the lifecycle of the project from bid to end.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct RDEC is applied to the monthly management accounts and working with the business to provide robust forecasts of the RDEC position.
- Liaise with Grant Thornton throughout the annual process (GT is Babcock's professional provider for RDEC support).
Essential Experience of the Senior Research and Development Expenditure Credit Manager:
- Demonstratable understanding of RDEC.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Defence or similar industry experience is highly desirable but, not essential.
This is a full-time position that allows for you to work largely remotely.
Qualifications for the Senior Research and Development Expenditure Credit Manager:
- Ideally, you'll hold or be working towards a suitable professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent / similar.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve baseline security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.