Job Title: Principal Risk Manager
Location: Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54679
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal Risk Manager at our Bristol site.
As a Principal Risk Manager, you will have a role that is out of the ordinary, directly contributing to the successful delivery of our complex, high profile and mission critical projects & programmes.
Day to day, you will be responsible for tailoring the project/programme Risk Management approach, within the Babcock Framework. Driving the implementation of robust Risk (and opportunity) management, authoring, and maintaining suitable Risk Management Plans, Risk Registers and leading in the identification and management of delivery focused Risks & Opportunities.
- Evaluating supplier risks, working with supply chain and commercial to support contracting mechanisms for risk and incorporate them into the project/programme
- Working with project/programme stakeholders to undertake quantitative risk management techniques, including schedule and cost risk analysis (SRA/CRA), ensuring the project/programme risk exposure is clearly understood whilst managing effective and targeted risk management activities.
- Leading the reporting of Risk for your project/programme, inline with the Babcock Mission Systems project lifecycle and drumbeat, and in support of regular customer deliverables
- Working with stakeholders throughout your project/programme delivery area to increase the breadth and depth of Risk understanding, through the support of discipline training development and delivery as well as expert advice
This role is permanent full-time role (thirty seven hours per week) based at our Babcock Ashton House site with hybrid working arrangements.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential experience of the Principal Risk Manager:
- Robust risk management governance and assurance within large projects and programmes
- Leading risk identification, using variety of techniques with stakeholders at all levels
- Use or support quantitative risk management techniques such as Monte Carlo Analysis
- Communicating risk management plans, process and findings (analysis)
- Supporting scope control through Assumptions, Dependencies or Change Management is desirable
- Experience with complimentary Project Specialisms, e.g. Project Controls & Scheduling, Commercial, Finance, Supply Chain, Cost Engineering, Systems Engineering is desirable
- Use of Risk Management tools and systems
Qualifications for the Principal Risk Manager:
- Membership of a relevant professional body is preferred, e.g. The Institute of Risk Management's (IRM) or other relevant qualifications/diploma/certificates
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.