Job Title: Weapons Trainer
Location: Lyneham, Wilts.
Compensation: £34,814 rising to £37,223 once qualified
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54533
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Weapons Trainer at our Lyneham site.
As a Weapons Trainer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Our mission is to deliver effective technical training that is fit-for-purpose and up to date so that the nation's Armed Forces are supported by highly skilled men and women. You'll join a team of talented training professionals who deliver military apprentice courses to Army students, providing them with the knowledge to ensure that they will be successful in their chosen trade.
Day to day, your role will involve carrying out engineering work on Army Weapons, which will include stripping, assembling and diagnosing faults, as well as maintenance of weapons. Secondly, you will receive Teacher Training and will gain a Level -4 teaching certification. Once qualified, you will support with the delivery of theory training course modules and practical training in the maintenance, repair and modification of weapons, including:
- Creation of written examination, progress test papers and practical assessment/examination scenarios
- Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions
- Ensuring all supporting documentation is updated and maintained
- Application of Subject Matter Knowledge and Guidance to help develop teaching materials and support the course design process;
- Focus on Health and Safety and work in line with all policies and standard operating procedures
- Supervise students and maintain classroom control
This role is full time and will be based at Lyneham on site.
Essential experience of the Weapons Trainer:
- Good craft and technical skills
- Knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to motivate and encourage others with empathy and patience
- Previous training experience is ideal, however, if you can bring your technical skills, we will support your development and Teacher Training certification, once in post.
This is a full time role based on site at MOD Lyneham.
Qualifications for the Weapons Trainer:
- Level 3 engineering qualification OR significant experience with weapons/armaments
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 04/12/23