Job Title: Lead Trainer - Subsequent Trade Training
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Compensation: £41,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54773
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as Lead Trainer - Subsequent Trade Training, at the Defence College of Technical Training based at MOD Lyneham.
The Electro Mechanical Training Contract (EMTC2) is a successful close collaboration between the Armed Forces, MOD and Babcock. Our mission is to deliver effective technical training that is fit-for-purpose and up to date so that the nation's Armed Forces are supported by highly skilled electronic and mechanical engineers.
As a Lead Trainer you'll have a role that is out of the ordinary. Basic Training (BT) followed by Initial Trade Training (ITT) involves new officers or soldiers training for the branch of the service they wish to specialise in; they then undergo specific training, now called Subsequent Trade Training (STT) .
Day-to-day, you'll lead and mentor a team of training professionals to deliver STT to Army students in accordance with the standards of EMTC2 and Authority local instruction, as directed by the Training Operations Manager (TOM). You'll manage the requirement of trainers and training assets to facilitate the delivery of course material to trainees as directed within the training timetable:
- Provide Line Management (LM) support and guidance to staff to maximise individual development, through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and implementation of developmental measures to address any performance issues
- Manage HR responsibilities for your staff ensuring that Timesheets, Absence (planned and unplanned), Sickness, Return to Work, Recruitment, Probation and Discipline procedures are followed.
- Ensure training, in accordance with the approved Course Training Package (CTP), is delivered to trainees as scheduled by Training Planning.
- Review course content to ensure it is current and evolves to support advances in techniques and technologies. Flag any identified shortcomings and provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) input to assist in the preparation of relevant training material.
- Ensure student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, and that any special student developmental needs or training delays are flagged
- Produce and maintain risk assessments for the supervision of trainees and staff to ensure full compliance with relevant H&SE and PPE requirements. Ensure risks are adequately assessed and mitigated accordingly.
This role is full time, 37 hours per week, and based onsite at MOD Lyneham.
Essential experience of the Lead Trainer - STT
- Extensive mechanical background
- Excellent personnel management and coaching skills
- Ability to motivate and encourage others
- Proficent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy
Qualifications for the Lead Trainer STT
- Minimum of City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (desirable)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.