Job Title: Security Education and Training Advisor
Location: Devonport, Plymouth + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: £34,160.00 + Benefits Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54579
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Security Education and Training Advisor at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Security Education and Training Advisor, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you'll be crucial in delivering security knowledge to the business.
Day to day, you'll provide a security, education and training function within Devonport Royal Dockyard and primarily work to deliver training across the workforce, including contractors. You'll also support the Security Culture Lead in informing employees why good security behaviours matter and what is expected of them:
- Deliver a comprehensive, holistic and sustainable security, education and training suite with the aim of developing a confident and empowered workforce that are capable of managing security risks appropriately
- Responsible for educating and training the workforce about the threats faced and explaining the vital role that they play in mitigating the threat by their actions and behaviour. Providing routine and on occasion specialist security training to meet site, contract and project requirements as well as supporting the Protective Security Function's training requirements where possible.
- Improve education materials using up to date relevant security information provided by the Security Team, to ensure the workforce have the correct security knowledge. Under instruction, using training as an opportunity to motivate the workforce to take responsibility for security and signpost to other resources.
- Undertake the administration required to support a Security Education and Training programme, including SharePoint administration.
This role is full time 36 hours and will be based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Security Education and Training Advisor:
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Knowledge of Defence Security Policy (Desirable)
- Experience of SharePoint (Desirable)
- Completed suitable recognised training qualification (Desirable)
Qualifications for the Security Education and Training Advisor:
- GCSE English & Maths minimum
- Completed or willing to undertake NPSA training on a range of Protective Security subjects
- Protective Security in the Critical National Infrastructure Course (Desirable)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 07/12/2023