Job Title: Fabricator Welder
Vacancies: Multiple + 10+
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
Compensation: Up to £33,497.65 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52933
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part. We are currently hiring multiple Fabricator Welder candidates to join us at our Walsall site.
As a Fabricator Welder, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be involved in the construction of bespoke fabrications for installation into motor vehicles using various types of machinery, metals and welding techniques.
Day to day, you'll be working in high intensity, fast paced production area working on the fabrication of components with the opportunity to train in different production areas.
- Welding and working with ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Operate machinery to produce components
- MIG and TIG welding both ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Fabrication of bespoke components
- Working to job specification
Essential experience of the Fabricator Welder:
The following is the preferred experience however, we are open to applicants from different industries.
- Ability to work effectively under own initiative, or as part of a team to achieve desired results
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work safely in an industrial environment
- This role is full time onsite at Walsall.
- Qualifications for the Fabricator Welder
- MIG qualifications OR relevant fabrication/welding experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC and NVVP1 security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
Babcock International For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 12/12/23