Job Title: Mobile Technician
Location: Based near Luton, Bedfordshire or Leeds, West Yorkshire with travel required to jobs daily
Compensation: £38,000 - £42,000 + On call bonus + Overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54869
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mobile Technician.
As a Mobile Technician, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be responsible for repairing motor vehicles (HGVs), and Specialist Fire Service modules and equipment ranging from 26T HGV down to a 3kw generator and everything in between.
Day to day, you'll be working within a small team of engineers who cover the whole of the UK. You'll travel to jobs over the target area and ensure they are completed efficiently, cover reactive maintenance, servicing and repair of vehicles, equipment, components and accessories used by the fire service, fault finding and coming up with solutions in order to ensure the customers demands are met and ensure only approved parts are used for the jobs assigned.
- Testing and diagnosing faults using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing were deemed necessary. To drive in a manner within the parameters of the law
- Work in an efficient and productive manner to achieve targets set out and agreed with the engineering Manager
- Ensure you can keep up to date records, utilising company IT systems, of work progress and liaise with managed service centre and line management
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Correct completion of relevant forms and ensuring unfair wear and tear items are reported on the system for recharge
- Only approved parts accounted for by the stores department are to be fitted to vehicles/equipment with the department being advised on whether a rechargeable cost
This role is full time working Monday - Friday and is fully remote however, can be based in either Leeds or Luton. There is a requirement to travel to allocated jobs on a daily basis.
Essential experience of the Mobile Technician:
- Experience in repair and testing of hydraulic systems, AC and DC electrical systems, diagnosis, and repair and experience in the repair of hand power tools
- Understanding of Health & Safety Legislation along with knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO14001 and knowledge of HGV/LGV technical specifications, maintenance, and repair requirements
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent communication and relationship building skills
Qualifications for the Mobile Technician:
- Mechanical experience / Servicing and repair to MOT standard of HGVs/LGVs with a minimum NVQ level 3 qualification
- Full UK Class C driving licence
The successful candidate must be able to achieve Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 06/12/23