Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic
Location: Colchester, Essex UK
Compensation: £28,938 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53540
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Mechanic at our Colchester site.
As a Vehicle Mechanic, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. With your skills and experience, you'll be undertaking the servicing, repair, maintenance and overhaul of vehicles and electrical equipment, including diagnostic and inspection duties. You'll also be carrying out equipment examination to meet production requirements.
Day to day, you'll be carrying out work to the required standard and specification as detailed in accordance with customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications. You'll also ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose.
- Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed in accordance with EMERs and AESP's, customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications
- Undertake diagnostic and inspection duties on equipment
- Ensure that timecards are filled out correctly daily
- Completion equipment documentation and test certificates / reports
- Ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose
This is a full time role based onsite in Colchester.
Essential experience of the Vehicle Mechanic:
- Previous experience within similar role
- Hydraulics experience
Qualifications for the Vehicle Mechanic:
- Qualified vehicle mechanic NVQ 3 or City and Guilds equivalent
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive pension scheme with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 28/12/23