Job Title: Network Management System Architect
Location: Either Bristol or Corsham, wilts. + Hybrid Working
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54708
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Network Management System Architect within our Mission Systems business.
As a Network Management System Architect, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll examine the current Network Management System for the communications network over the satellites and develop the architecture to modernise and enhance the system.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for specifying new Network Management Systems requirements with input from users, working with key suppliers to develop and implement a new management system for the UK Skynet network, and test and commissioning of the installed system.
This role is full time, 37-hours per week and will be based at our Bristol or Corsham sites with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Network Management System Architect:
- Proven experience of the design and operation of telecom network management systems
- Demonstratable experience in the defence or telecommunication industry
- Understanding of change and configuration control process in the context of the Engineering Design Lifecycle
- Be conversant with the standards relating to the Systems Engineering discipline (e.g. ISO/IEC/IEEE15288)
Qualifications for the Network Management System Architect:
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.