We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join the Engineering Team as a fully skilled Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance Technician based at our Vehicle Maintenance Unit
As a Vehicle Technician, you will maintain safety and reliability by performing service and maintenance of the company fleet of vehicles and trailers in line with planned maintenance schedules. Ensuring that the fleet is safe, legal and fit for duties.
Working hours: 40 per week
Shift:- Different shift
Salary: Base pay £16.56 per hour. Premium paid for hours worked between 7pm - 10pm (£1.67 per hour), and 10pm - 6am (£2.02 per hour).
What are you going to be doing?
* Completion of signed service and inspection records
* Completion of defect reports and associated paperwork to comply with legal requirements.
* Prepare vehicles and trailers for annual MOT testing (to a standard to ensure 1st time pass)
* Perform ad-hoc vehicle repairs, investigating and rectifying vehicle defects.
* Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
* Maintaining good housekeeping standards carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
What are we looking for?
Fully skilled with applicable Licenses / Vocational Training (e.g., LGV C&E licence (class one)).
* City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs
Knowledge of the use and operation of all automotive equipment and testing / troubleshooting equipment
* Ability to lift and manoeuvre Heavy Vehicle Components
* Experience with welding and basic D.C. electrical troubleshooting skills
* Must possess valid driving license
* Previous experience within a similar role
What you'll get!
* 22 days holiday a year (+1 day for every full year worked between Jan-Dec, up to 27 days)
* Retirement Plan
* Free Uniform and PPE
* Free parking
* Life assurance policy which pays out 4 x salary
* Employee Assistance Programme Provides you with confidential support, information and advice to help you with your wellbeing
* Hospital cash plan scheme
* Tuition assistance for external training
* Reduced rate shipping for international packages
* Group scheme savings on many items
* Great career opportunities