Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic - Examiner
Location: Leuchars, Fife
Compensation: £28,924.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55239
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Mechanic - Examiner at our Leuchars site.
As a Vehicle Mechanic -Examiner you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Carrying out duties to occasional civilian and mechanical equipment or Military variants.
Day to day, you'll carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the James/ SAP workflows. card in accordance with AESP's, customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications, as well as:
- Diagnose, inspect, and assess vehicles and associated mechanical/ electrical equipment in line with skills an competency.
- Undertake diagnostic duties on equipment and to carry out road testing.
- Ensure all transactions are carried out in accordance with current ERP processes and that work completed and time taken to complete is submitted daily.
- The completion of equipment documentation and test certificates / reports when required and to required standards.
- Ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose and anu unused new faulty parts are returned and reported to supervisor.
This role is fulltime and based onsite at DSG Leuchars.
Essential experience of the Vehicle Mechanic - Examiner:
- HGV experience
- Holds valid UK driving licence.
Qualifications for the Vehicle Mechanic - Examiner:
- Educated to Level 3 in Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) National Vocational
- Qualification (NVQ/SVQ) in Motor Mechanics (Light or Heavy) or EAL Level 3 NVQ/SVQ Extended
- Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (Mechanical)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 07/02/2024