Job Title: Armament Maintenance Controller
Location: Holyhead, Anglesey
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53656
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Armament Maintenance Controller at our RAF Valley site.
As an Armament Maintenance Controller, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The Armament Maintenance Controller (B7T) is responsible to the Support Bays Manager for the coordination of scheduled and unscheduled Ejection Seat Bay + Role Bay maintenance activities, delivery of on aircraft ejection seat maintenance (including installation and removal) and the supporting administrative duties within the department including SQEP management, absence reporting and AMC compliance in support of Hawk maintenance at RAF Valley.
Day to day, you'll ensure that all Hawk Ejection Seat tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner, delivered in line with the maintenance programme and to the standard laid down in the approved maintenance data, as well as:
- Contribute to maintenance planning forums to ensure that assets are delivered to forward and depth maintenance departments on time, identifying risks to the schedule and sourcing suitable recovery solutions. And maintenance schedule updates, technical knowledge and resource utilisation rates via digital platforms in a concise, accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all quality management system processes are robustly adhered to including tool control, staff competence and maintenance recording
- Ensure that ejection seat maintenance documentation is completed via the approved maintenance record, checking for accuracy, completeness and referenced to approved maintenance data
- The communication of maintenance updates, safety briefings and company notice through the medium of WSUM/DSUM (Weekly/daily start up meetings). And leading the management of Staff Performance & Development for the department - team of 11
This role is full time at 36 hours, 5 days onsite at RAF Valley.
Essential experience of the Armament Maintenance Controller:
- Engineering trade experience, including supervisory experience
- Training in relevant discipline i.e., Armament systems maintenance to City and Guilds Level or level 3 equivalent (completed an apprenticeship)
- Training in relevant discipline Mechanical/Electrical to City and Guilds Level or level 3 equivalent (completed an apprenticeship)
- Experience of leading groups of maintainers inside a engineering environment
- Working knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite) and the Internet
Qualifications for the Armament Maintenance Controller:
We value difference and we don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 6% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.