Job Title: Construction Engineer - Mechanical and Piping Discipline Lead
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Compensation: Competitive plus Additional Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52399
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Construction Engineer - Mechanical and Piping Discipline Lead at our Hinkley Point C site.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work as part of the MEH Alliance on the prestigious Hinkley Point C Nuclear project. The alliance work across the project to integrate and coordinate the delivery of all main MEH, cabling and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station's 2,500-rooms.
As a Construction Engineer - Mechanical and Piping Discipline Lead, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll delegate of responsibilities to CE's/Works Coordination Leads. Lead, manage and motivate the team through implementation of best practice.
Day to day, you'll esnure that documents are compliant with latest works information and other MEH documentation.
- Ensure documents are kept up-to-date and reviewed on a minimum 6 monthly basis
- Own and drive deliverables, from conception to A-Accepted status >90% first time accepted criteria
- Prioritise and take ownership of documentation to enable construction works as per the level four plan. E.g. T-3 months accepted prior to works
- Support continuous improvement programmes to improve process/procedures
- Provide and demonstrate a positive HSE leadership, building a strong and compliant HS&E culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project
This role is full-time and based onsite at Hinkley oint C, near Bridgwater.
Essential experience of the Construction Engineer - Mechanical and Piping Discipline Lead:
- Proven track record in nuclear power preferred
- Experience working on major construction projects
- Experienced in delivering and operating at a Engineer or Senior Engineer level, including experience working within Joint Ventures
Qualifications for the Construction Engineer - Mechanical and Piping Discipline Lead:
- Degree Qualification (or Equivalent)
- Relevant Professional Accreditation (PM, Construction, Engineering)
- CCNSG Safety Passport
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.