Our global client who is a supplier of mechanical, hydrodynamic, electrical, hydraulic and electronic drive and braking systems is looking for a Production Engineer to be based at their Croydon site.
This role is key to support the business in being able to take on new products for repair and overhaul by turning the customer's requirement into a set of instructions on how to deliver this requirement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key front line technical role on all production related issues
- Focus on issues relating to production and how the product will be overhauled or repaired as required
- Creation/updating of overhaul instructions and work instructions to detail how to achieve the end requirement
- Creation/updating of technical job packs for capturing the tasks carried out and decisions made in each job
- Development of tooling and procedures to optimise strip down, cleaning, painting and assembly tasks in a safe and consistent manner
- Design test equipment interfaces such as adaptor plates and asset mounting devices in support of production
- Write test specifications for product testing and for programming of the specific test equipment
- Day to day support for projects in the startup phase prior to first article inspection and then supporting optimisation of the process for serial production
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering although other qualifications (e.g., HNC/HND) considered with significant practical experience
- Overhaul and repair experience would be ideal
- Good practical engineering approach
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Microsoft Office suite, technical documentation skills key to the role
- Fluent technical and conversational English
- Good communication skills on a technical level with both internal and external customers.
New employees must pass a drugs and alcohol related medical upon starting with the company.
- £40k - £50k (dependant on experience)
- 36.5 working week, 08:30am - 16:30pm
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
- Life Assurance 3 x salary
- Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
- Salary/Bonus Sacrifice
- Private Health Care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Other Benefits
Interested in this permanent role, based in Croydon area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.