Job Title: CI&E Engineer - New Product Development
Location: Rosyth, UK
Compensation: Attractive plus Additional Benefits
Role Type: Full time
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as the Control, Instrumentation and CI&E Engineer - New Product Development at our Rosyth site within LGE Business Unit.
Through expert engineering, procurement, project management and aftermarket support - combined with world-leading technologies - Babcock' s LGE business future-proofs our customers' assets, allowing improved performance while reducing operational costs and meeting ever-tightening environmental and emission regulations.
Reporting to the Strategic Projects Manager (NPD), the Control, Instrumentation and Electrical (CI&E) Engineer - NPD will work within the New Product Development Team to develop and deliver commercially viable products / projects, in line with the company's growth strategy. Governance will be provided from Programme Managers, Contracts Manager, Business Development, Commercial and Technical and Managing Directors.
Day to day, you'll
* Ensure all technical endeavours are conducted in line with the Engineering Design Governance policy.
* Align individual objectives with team objectives measuring performance through periodic reviews with Strategic Projects Manager (NPD) and continually through the PDR system on Success Factors.
* Understand and adhere to the Babcock LGE new product development (NPD) process.
* Demonstrate application of the New Product Development (NPD) Process by delivering customer focussed products which align with the overall growth strategy of the LGE business, promoting business level success and first-class commercial performance.
Essential experience of the CI&E Engineer - New Product Development
* Process industry experience (preferably marine) but would consider experience from other industries such as water, wastewater, power, pharmaceutical and drinks or food industry.
* CI&E experience working on the development of new products with focus on front end engineering design.
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills to develop innovative solutions for market and customer needs.
* Design engineering experience in the layout of E&I control panels.
* Excellent knowledge and design experience of motor control centres (MCCs) which include soft starters and variable frequency drives.
Qualifications for the CI&E Engineer - New Product Development
* A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (generally Electrical, Instrumentation or Control Engineering) or a HNC / HND with substantial experience.
* A member of a relevant professional institution (typically IET) with the ability to achieve EngTech or above.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve basic security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receivepecial paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.