Job Title: Fleet Management Specialist
Location: Andover, Hampshire + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: £55,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54959
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Fleet Management Specialist at our Andover site.
As a Fleet Management Specialist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll provide expert and proactive analytical direction and coherence across all Land Defence Equipment fleet management activities.
Day to day, you'll embed capability managing, coordinating and supervising the programmes for acquisition, assignment, maintenance, repair, replacement and disposal of fleet vehicles, analyse at data to optimise management.
- Point of focus for integration with all customers related Fleet Management systems, data and analytics aligned initiatives.
- Deliver insight and capability that ensures business performance to enhance customer experience.
- Be prepared to lead on delivering a fleet demand capability for an output-based contract function
- Develop and maintain an embedded customer facing capability for fleet and engineering management
This role full time and will be based at Andover with hybrid working from home arrangements. There is a requirement to work across a range of Babcock sites as part of the role.
Essential experience of the Fleet Management Specialist:
- Good Understanding of Defence and Civil Service
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Proactive and Self Motivated
- Competent using Microsoft office
Qualifications for the Fleet Management Specialist:
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 29/01/24