Job Title: Security Guard
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Compensation: £26,519 + 20% Shift Allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55100
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Security Guard at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Security Guard, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll provide a professional customer service and gateway to Devonport Roya Dockyard and other areas, as directed.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for using corporate protocol to greet facility guests and staff, assigning the proper security access to each as per local protocol, as well as:
- Security Incident Response.
- Performing scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout the facility to check for any security breaches.
- Collaborate with other members of the security team to ensure that the facility is safe at all times.
- Maintain a professional and effective relationship with the other security forces on site.
- Carry out patrols to ensure areas are secure and to prevent unauthorised access to sites, facilities and assets.
This role is full time, working an average of 36 hours per week, based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
Essential experience of the Security Guard:
- Must have a full, UK Driving Licence
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Skilled in developing effective relationships with all individuals whilst delivering excellent levels of customer service.
- Effective decision making.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work a variable shift schedule including night shifts and weekends, including Bank Holidays.
- Undertake patrols of the site, both in a vehicle and on foot.
Qualifications for the Security Guard:
Advantageous: Security Industry Authority (SIA) Security Guarding (SG) (Front Line) Licence & SIA CCTV Operator Licence - SG licence must be obtained on offer of employment and prior to starting.
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The succesful candidate will have the ability to obtain and maintain SC security clearance, as a minimum.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 06/02/2024