Job Title: Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Ashton Vale, Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55356
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor at our Ashton Vale site.
As an Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Mission Systems is transforming and as a key member of the EHS Team we need you to assist in developing the Environmental, Health and Safety culture of Babcock.
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact in our Environmental, Health and Safety Team and contribute to create a real difference whilst also exploring the wider remit of EHS within Babcock.
- Building strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders, including trade union and employee representatives, workplace management, HR, security managers and colleagues across the sector to deliver our aim of Home Safe Every Day and Care & Learn.
- Contribute to develop and deliver innovative and engaging health and safety training media
- To carry out scheduled audits to ensure best practice, compliance with legislation and ISO14001 & ISO45001.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the Groups Health and Safety Management System.
- Monitor EHS Events and provide assistance and support to managers where necessary to support the investigation to understand underlying causes and ensuring that appropriate recommendations are implemented.
- Within the EHS Team be a champion for a specific EHS topic(s) such as Environmental & Sustainability, Wellbeing & Occupational Health, Fire Safety, Compliance, PUWER, CDM and so on.
This role provides an agile working arrangement, with three days per days a week working onsite.
Essential experience of the Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor,
- Working as an EHS Advisor or Manager for a minimum of 2 years
- Of interpretation and application of relevant legislation.
Qualifications for the Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor,
- NEBOSH Certificate or similar (Minimum).
- Grad IOSH working towards CMIOSH would be an advantage.
- Member of IOSH or related professional body
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role but can start on BPSS.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century, Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.