An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II based on their customer site in Yeovil. This is a full-time, temporary role for 6 months to start ASAP. The role is paying £194.98 per day working between 08:00 - 17:30 Monday - Friday 37.5 hours a week
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate must hold SC or DV Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress applications from British nationals and clearance must still be valid
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to provide our client, onsite day-to-day IT support based at their Yeovil site office. The site benefits from easy access to travel links, free parking, and subsidised employee rates at the on-site restaurant. The role will require a flexible individual with competency across hardware and software support on desktops and laptops
The level of support to be provided will need proven experience of at least 2 years in a similar enviroment.
- 2nd Line support of laptop, desktop and VDI terminals
- Software and Hardware installations
- Hardware Break Fix for desktop, laptop and server enviroments
- Building and deploying workplaces
- Service Desk cover as required
- Bespoke projects as required
- Ability to support and maintain Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (All versions, but mainly Win7 and Win10) in a corporate desktop and laptop PC environment, including management of deployed agents - McAfee, SCCM, etc.
Ability to support and maintain the Microsoft Office Application Suite in a corporate desktop and laptop PC environment, along with other business applications.
- Mobile device and MDM support
- Proven and demonstrable software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal communication: with the ability to communicate to all levels of both the customer and company staff and management.
- Good written communication: for clear and concise call logging, escalations, documentation and email correspondence.
- Strongly self-motivated with the ability to work alone under own initiative.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good time management / organisational skills
- Work well as part of a team or independently
UK Driving license Essential to provide support across the large site and surrounding satellite sites
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 training and certification
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Office
This is an excellent opportunity to join our client and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.