Our well established client who provides housing support is looking for a Maintenance Operative to join their dedicated Maintenance Team. They offer a remarkable service to their tenants across their developments in North London.
You will be required to action maintenance work on the company's properties and modify properties where necessary to meet the requirements of disabled and/or visually impaired tenants.
- Working as part of the maintenance team to respond to all basic maintenance and repair issues in the buildings as highlighted by the Property Maintenance Manager, in accordance with the obligations set out in the tenancy agreements and in the Tenant Handbook.
- To complete multi-disciplined types of maintenance both inside and outside their properties, such as, plumbing, carpentry, basic electrical checks, groundwork and painting.
- Ensure that work is performed to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
- Plumbing, i.e. unblocking drains/toilets, investigating and stopping leaks.
- Basic Electrics, i.e. changing light fittings, replacing plugs, fuses, replacing light bulbs.
- Decorating, i.e. stain blocking, touching up walls/woodwork, fencing.
- Moving heavy items - as required by building, House Managers or Head Office.
- Collection, transportation and delivery of items.
- Basic repairs, replacing door handles, toilet seats, shower hoses and heads etc.
- Clear roof surfaces and gutters.
- Clean carpets as required.
- Reinstate void flats between tenancies and implement remedial work to kitchens and bathrooms as required.
- Attend departmental and other relevant meetings, as requested, whether inside or outside of the company's properties.
- Undergo appropriate training as available and as determined in conjunction with the Director of Property and Development.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and raise matters of concern to the Property Maintenance Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices under health and safety legislation and the company's health and safety policy across all the buildings.
- To comply with on-site safety requirements and have a working knowledge of relevant current legislation or be prepared to undertake training to ensure you have the knowledge required to undertake the role.
- To attend regular fire drills and other training as
- To make the Maintenance Team Administrator and Property Maintenance Manager aware of any defects in the building, plant, or equipment.
- To ensure that any incidents or accidents to staff, tenants or visitors that occur are reported in accordance with correct
- Be an experienced multi-skilled building/maintenance operative.
- Strong plumbing skills are essential.
- Proven experience of working in a housing/residential environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be able to utilise the departmental communication tools, including WhatsApp and email, and be able to respond to communication in a clear and timely manner.
- Be able to communicate and work with tenants with physical disabilities or vision impairment.
- Committed to providing the highest quality service.
- Conscientious, punctual and responsible.
- Proactive and have a 'can do' attitude.
- Be neat, tidy in appearance and well organised at work.
- Flexible, innovative and adaptable approach.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- A full clean driving licence and your own car are essential.
This role is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS check.
HOURS, SALARY and BENEFITS:
- Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5.00pm and Friday 8.30am-4.00pm. On call one week in every 3 weeks on average.
- £28,000-£33,000 dependent on skills and experience, plus £100 per week when on call and overtime from when you leave home to when you return.
- 20 days holiday, rising to 25 days after 5 years. 8 bank holidays plus Jewish High Holy days, when they fall on your normal working days.
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health cash plan
- Employee Discount scheme
- Mileage for use of your own vehicle is 45p per mile
Interested in this permanent role, covering North London. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.